Another eventful week in Chapel Hill featured solemn celebrations, significant discoveries and so much more. On Sunday, Tar Heels joined together in Carmichael Arena to remember legendary broadcaster Woody Durham. Later in the week, UNC researchers shared evidence that sea turtles use magnetic navigation to guide themselves back to their home beaches — though sea walls, power lines and large beachfront buildings may alter the magnetic fields that turtles encounter. And on Saturday, Carolina honored the 2018 C. Knox Massey Award winners. See all that and more that happened this week at Carolina, April 8-14, in the video and highlights below.
- Tar Heels celebrated the life of legendary broadcaster Woody Durham in a public service on Sunday
- Carolina showcased how its autism research has an impact on local, state and international communities
- UNC researchers shared evidence that magnetic navigation guides turtles back to their home beaches, or beaches similar to the ones where they were born
- Chancellor Carol L. Folt honored the 2018 C. Knox Massey Award winners, the highest distinction for Carolina employees
- The annual Holi Moli event turns campus into a canvas of color on Friday afternoon